If never too early to start planning the festive season which will soon be approaching us. Some of us have already got a stash of Christmas cards from last years end of season sale, but the main attraction we all have twinkling up our houses in the run up to the festive season, are Christmas Here are some things to consider to turn you into a savvy tree shopper.
The top 5 Non-Drop Christmas trees for sale;Nordman Fir - The original non-drop tree with good needle retaining properties of soft, wide, flat, dark green needles. The tree presents a wide conical shape, and the branches are not too dense.
Fraser Fir - Similar to the Nordman fir with its needle retaining properties of soft, wide, flat, dark green needles. The top of the Fraser fir has more branches than the Nordman fir and the base is not as wide, making it an ideal tree if space is at a premium
Douglas Fir - A light green colour, thin soft and relatively long needles. They have a wonderful citrus smell making this tree unique
Scots Pine - The best needle retaining tree there is, it has very long needles that give a lovely pine smell to any room
Blues Spruce - A low-drop tree that often has a distinctive silver-blue colour and a smell that is reminiscent of Christmas
Make sure your tree is fresh with needles that look shiny, green, and fresh, not dry or brown. They should not fall off when you pull on a branch. Once you have selected your perfect tree, look after it and be aware of their health and safety to make your tree house friendly.
· Never place your tree near a heat source, such as a fireplace or portable heater.
· If you have small children or pets, trim the lower branches to avoid eye injuries.
· Keep the tree from toppling by tying it to a ceiling hook.
· Avoid using artificial snow sprays, which can cause lung irritation if inhaled.
· Turn off tree lights when you go to bed or leave the house.
· Never burn Christmas-tree branches in your fireplace. It can cause the build up of creosote, a highly flammable compound.
Take good care of your Christmas tree by watering it every 3-4 days, they do not have to be high maintenance, treat it like any other house plant and keep them in a cool area of the house. Taking this advice from Christmas Trees and Lights will ensure your tree sparkles in the festive season.